• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to SS Need some input!

mbarber84

Hello all!,

Thanks for having me on SS. I just recently purchased a 1980 AM General M35A2 and was looking for some first timer input from the pros here!

Its an LDT-465-1C with the "whistler"....couldn't resist the turbo sing :)

Anyway, I`m going to pick it up tomorrow. The truck looks fantastic from the pictures, everything looks fairly new. Interior is great and motor looks clean.

Any tips on what to take a close look at tomorrow? Other than oil, fuel, etc.?

Any pointers for the future? Any serious problems flaws, defects, etc. I should look for down the road?

Also I was considering adding the M35A3 air ride seats in the cab as well as some sort of power steering...anyone know where these items can be "allocated"?

Thanks in advance for the input...glad to be a new member here!

Matt

dittle

If you purchased the truck from GL then do not take anything for granted as far as operational status. If its a private purchase then you should be OK. If the truck runs when you get there do the 2 foot to the floor brake test before you drive it anywhere. There was a recent post where a SS member (please correct me if I kill the story) had lent out his deuce and it developed a pinhole leak in the brake line. I couldn't remember the thread title so I wasn't able to find it on a quick search.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Matt: Do a search on here. there are some really great list and things to look for. Much better than I could begin to tell you. Just one thing. You gotta take lots of photos and post them. We all love big green stuff. Have a safe trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks