• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the game of owning a military vehicle from New York

Hey everyone. From Long Island New York just bought a 1970 deuce. M35A2C LDT465 Continental Multifuel. 10,500.

I'm looking forward to learning about this truck because I've always wanted one and love it. I drove it 140mi home not one breakdown, was ready for anything had fluids, tools, belts. Didn't need any of it but better safe than sorry.

I have so many questions about this thing, and would also like to learn as much as I can about its history. It runs absolutely great for a 46 year old truck. Data plate on motor says it was reserviced by an army depot in '89. Stops great, shifts great, and has some goodies that I'm told are rare to have on a deuce.

And it's so LOUD! Love it.

71DeuceAK

Gorgeous truck! I, too, am potentially soon to be a Deuce owner, I've wanted one for a couple years now. The kicker: it would be my first vehicle, no joke.

FloridaAKM

Welcome aboard to the affliction of Green Iron, stow your gear & prepare to get underway. Post up some more pictures as you get to know her better. Your shake down trip proved to be a good one with no problems. Good looking truck by the way!

Thanks guys. I certainly feel welcomed. All I think about is working on the truck. My plan is to restore it and keep it nice. Could I ask you guys what you paid for your deuces so I can judge on how well I did?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They have been purchased from $750 up to $14k!

Just be happy with the one you got. Now its time to enjoy it before the bad weather sets in. I try not to drive mine in the salt they put on our roads in the winter.

Screw that! I'm putting this old girl to work. She's got 10,500 on her. Still new. I'll put it to you this way. On a scale of
1-10, it's an 8. The only real bad of it is a tree fell on it years ago- dented the firewall and dash. Upper can used to be a hardtop, was replaced with a soft top. Still good to go didn't affect the truck in any way.

tommys2patrick

Howdy and welcome from Colorado! I know mine is a beast at times but she still puts a smile on my face. Sometimes just looking at her. I imagine its the same for you. Enjoy. She will need things from time to time, especially your time. Lots of resources here to make it educational, satisfying and fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks