• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to using GL

ssgtwright-usmc

OK, I am not a rocket sciencetist by no means but I am new to bidding on GL.
I am confused by all the steps with the forms and stuff.
I see you need to submit a copy for tax-exemption for the State you live in and also for the State you are bidding from.
Do you have to fill this out before the bid is won????
Then it asks for the EUC to be faxed before they can process your order and ect...
Then you have to fill out a SF-97 if you bought a vehicle.
I dont know the whole process with GL and am looking for some help here.
I am bidding on a few things in the (Main Land, the lower 48 States) since I live in Hawaii.
Lets say I won a trailer per say in CA. What do I have to do then if I wanted a relative from CA to go pick it up and ship it for me.
Doesnt GL want proof of insurance and a copy of your drivers license of the person who won the bid????
Seems like you have to do about a hundred things before you can even get it off the lot.
I am bidding on some small items in Cali so shipping wont cost much compared to what the price of the item would be if new.
New to GL and I would like my (Hopefully) first win to go as smooth as possible.
Thanks

poppop

Tax exemption only if that applies to you. Probably have to do that before you win something but not sure. File an EUC form after you win. Fill out the form on-line and then print. Fax it to GL with a very clear copy of your drivers license. When the EUC is approved you will recieve your paid invoice and a paper you use to authorize anyone to pick up for you. Only the vehicle entering the base has to show ID and proof of insurance. Oh, you need a pyhsical address for them to verify, not a post office box.

ssgtwright-usmc

Now how do you verify a physical address?
I am recently divorced so I had to get a P.O.Box. I now live at some apts but dont use that mail box their since mail gets lost.
How do you verify a pyhsical address for GL to know where you actually live????

LibertyDeuce

To verify a physical address - send them a copy of your phone bill for the phone number at your apartment. I send them my bill with every EUC. Good Luck with EUC. With a little patience, it'll work itself out.
[thumbzup]

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friend, read the other posts about GL. They are just about the only game in town so we have to deal with them. However, there is A LOT that you should be aware of when dealing with this company.

Gotthefever

I have a question! Do you need proof of insurance on the vehicle you drive in or on the military vehicle you obtained? Thank you

FreightTrain

Banned
Tax exemption is more or less for dealers or non-profit orgs so you don't have to bother.Here is what you need to do if buying a truck.Register online with GL.Find something you wanna bid on.When you place the bid you gotta put in a method of payment(Plastic) that cannot be changed on that event(SUCKS,I wanted to bid on a few items a while back and since I couldn't use 2 or more cards I couldn't bid but on one item).If you get the winning bid,you fill out the EUC form and fax it to them plus Email a REAL high quality copy of your drivers license.Sit back and wait.They do an extensive background check.You will get a notice that you were aproved.At that time you can sign and fax a copy of the invoice to whoever you want to pick it up but if it is a truck it will require insurance before leaving the base.If it is a trailer then the vehicle that goes on the base will have to have insurance.The SF97 is not required but I would suggest getting it anyway.The SF97 is application for a title junk and depending on the state you might not need it.Like Alabama.All I needed was an invoice since they don't issue titles for vehicles made before 1974.

ssgtwright-usmc

Bidding on a few computer items also to fix and resale locally. Hopefully I wont get a crate full of broken stuff if I should ever win.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not say I am "bitter." I would say I have been "educated" through experience. :wink: Let's just say that I would never give GL another penny IF, and this is a big "if," there were another place to buy trucks. They suck...plain and simple.

Engine5

Watch your back and your max bids. Read my post "NOT MY MAX BID" you will see why. They increased my max bid without permission by $500.00 and told me I would have been responsible for their mistake. I printed everything out. I got that from customer service. Print everything you do and get a name from everyone you talk to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks