• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new trailer for my m880

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I need a tetanus shot just looking at them. The rainy weather in England sure did a number on them.

Hope you can make them better again....

w200/m880

you should see my dodge,great for sifting flour through.
Theres about 3/16 of peeling paint on each trailer so it looks worse than it is,got a further 2 to collect so im sure to be able to make a nice one by english standards.
Thanks for your encouragement.

nattieleather

Nice Jeep trailers. 1/4 ton trailers are a bit of a pain to tow behind pick up trucks. The US Military set a standard forbiding soldiers from towing 1/4 tons behind 5/4 tons and larger trucks. The reason is you can't back them up worth a dang. You don't see them in your mirrors so backing them up is even more difficult than with a 3/4 ton trailer. Good luck with your restoration and hope they work well for you.

m880 unimog

good find mate,i wee bit of surface rust never scared me either.

no wonder the local welding supplies guy here drives a bentley.

back from ireland this week and got plans to visit the M884-i will strip the induction parts you need.

p.j.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those M416 trailers aren't getting any more common out there, so be sure you save all the parts you can from that pile of army stock. You probably have enough parts there to make 3-4 nice ones, plus spares leftover for half a dozen more....

Wish you were in the States, I need some spare parts for my M416 trailer ....

w200/m880

m416

its a funny thing that these couldnt be given away a short while ago,now they seem to have a following as bantam,willys and m100 prices climb,ive managed a nice set of chains for my m100 and a landing leg for a friends bantam so bits are being used,i certainly wont scrap em.What bits you after ?

m880 unimog

is that a camaro i see.....???

yep we wasted a load of these and some with bowsers on too-storage is the problem here,as ever.
i own some woodland out the back,some useful member of society even bitched about the 30 odd sankey trailers i had in there-

oh how we need a war.....:wink:

the M884 has 15 tonnes of hardcore in front of it,so i have a delay on that front.you can come and get it if your desperate.
i have sourced new lights and lenses for my truck-thanks.:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks