• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New trucks to the heard

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love closed cab CCKWs. So cool.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good eye, that is my M813 for sale.

Ryan
Ryan,
I study every photo carefully. That is how I found a NOS Fording kit and NOS PTO for my M37. I found both in the background of pictures of other items that were for sale.
I assumed the truck that you had for sale was at least the height of a deuce, when I looked at it compared to the block wall in the middle of the picture. But I still had to ask.
Bert

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cckw

Those trucks are on my bucket list. Hard to get over how beautiful they are. Congratulations on all the great finds. Wow, can't stop looking at them.

I saw a thread for MV's wanted at the Miramar air-show in October.

Is that a show that you go to?

I'd like to come down for it but my MV's only drive in Canada. I can always help out with all those extra steering wheels you have to manage.:D

Amazing gear, thank you in advance for posting a few hundred more pictures!

nattieleather

A couple of things. First it amazes me the size of a WWII duce compaired to the M series trucks. Both were speced to carry 2.5 tons cross country yet the M series trucks are so much bigger and beefier. Makes you think at just how tough these old GMCs were.

Second. What are your plans for the inside of the shop truck?

RDUKW

A couple of things. First it amazes me the size of a WWII duce compaired to the M series trucks. Both were speced to carry 2.5 tons cross country yet the M series trucks are so much bigger and beefier. Makes you think at just how tough these old GMCs were.

Second. What are your plans for the inside of the shop truck?

Yes they are very small compared to the modern stuff. Currently it is set up for catering. I am going to try to sell coffee and shave ice out of it but if that does not work I have every part to put it back to original. The previous owner restored WW2 aircraft for a living and meticulously took the original interior out and built an all stainless steel galley. The nice thing is he did not put any new holes supposedly and everything bolts into the original holes.

Ryan

Varyag

I think I have seen pics of that truck before. The inside was really nice. I would pull an old 105 for storage if you are going to serve food out of it. not a lot of room back there.

saddamsnightmare

August 23rd, 2012.

The world war II GMC's did their parts for the war effort, but the M135/211 and more importantly the M35 Series trucks were indeed designed to overcome the off road and maintenance shortcomings of the WWII trucks. One wonders how many CCKW's and related trucks were either junked or left overseas because of the "Red Ball Express" which punished the trucks involved unmercifully? In either case the closed cab versions are a little more elegant then the later war production CCKW's, and the engines often soldiered on in other applications after the war, the Rio Grande Southern's "Galloping Geese" railcars come to mind...:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks