• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new use for one of my toys...pretty cool!!

Jimc

so i went to napa and grabbed some gasket material. i laid out a mep-003a/002a valve cover gasket on the computer. i put the material in my vinyl cutter and set it up to do thick material and presto....computer perfect cnc cut valve cover gaskets.

http://youtu.be/zRvTmA0N1cM

Jimc

haha yes, well valve cover gaskets wont be in short supply lol. now that i got that worked out i can do pretty much any gasket on the machine. just scan the part, lay it out and cut. i want to get some decent gasket material though. this was just some cheap stuff for the test

johnray13

Man that is super cool. You can make just about all the gaskets sans the head gasket. If you're interested I just received a bunch of gaskets. I could mail them to you (maybe even scan them into pdf?) so you could have them in your data base. Let me know.

John

Jimc

john that would be fantastic. if all the gaskets are small enough to fit on a flatbed scanner then you could just scan them as a black and white image at 300dpi resolution then just email me each pic. the image needs to be kept full size. if any of them are bigger than a scanner then i would need you to mail them to me. you can send the images to jim@xtremekreations.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks