• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New VR came for the MEP002a today

hedgehog69

I received the replacement Voltage Regulator for my MEP002a today. About $150 from Southern Automotive. Shipping was excellent!!
Unit has 3 white wires out of one end...one wire has a piece of red tape on it. The other end has 2 white wires...and the little black resistor...or whatever it is. No instructions. I need to look at the gen. tomorrow...and hoping it is all self-explanatory. Obviously the red-taped wire is identified. I know a few others have changed these out. Rightway??? Wrongway??

coyote62ny

on the end with the three wires the wire with the red tape goes to the batteries charging wire. the other two go to the stator wires it does not matter witch one hooks to which stator wire. on the other end you have two white wires also they go to the fuse holder you have to solder these wires to the fuse holder. hope this helps you get it going . when you get it running you should have 26.5 to 28.5 volts d.c across the pos to neg. terminals of the battery

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks