• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New WC7 owner

tin ear

P1010002.jpgP1010001.jpgP1010004.jpg

I also have a restored Slatgrill Willys but this is my first WC. It is an older restoration and is complete including the doors. It runs and drives fine but the engine compartment can use some detailing. I know I will have some questions for forum members.

"Tin Ear", Pennsylvania

tin ear

That is a good question. It had been restored about 12 years ago with very little use since. Mechanically it is finished but is needs 4 new tires due to dry rot. Cosmetically is a 10 foot vehicle. Looks great until you get close and then you can see minor bumps and dents. The engine compartment should be detailed. The top and doors match the rest of the vehicle. I can do my own paint and body work and am trying to decide if I should do a total body restoration or just remove the noticeable dents and repaint the entire truck. I do not want a show vehicle but a dependable presentable driver. The underside is painted and is presentable. At this time I am leaning toward detailing the engine compartment and repainting the entire truck and remove some of the most noticeable dents. I hope that it would look like a used WC 7 that was motor pool maintained. Thanks for the interest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks