• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb from NW WA

jg09

Hey

I live up in Maple Falls, WA. I've always wanted an MV and I'm realizing that an old M35A2 is actually quite affordable. I've got a few questions, but I'll ask them in the appropriate places, as well as use the search function quite a bit.

I always knew that the M35A2 was incredibly cool looking, but I never knew that they were so off-road capable until I saw a few youtube videos. I've wanted to go four-wheeling in some of the local spots in a tracked tank, but a 6x6 is cool, too!

Stalwart

Welcome, I'm from Redmond, WA. Deuces are VERY affordable and reliable vehicles.

Yes, tanks are fun but even the smallest ones aren't towable behind a Deuce . . . guess how I know this. They also cost more than 10 times more than a Deuce. :wink:

Chevytruck

Welcome to the site jg09. If you want to read more about deuces, take a look at the Technical Manuals in my signature. And good luck to you! :)

jg09

thanks for the welcome! The tech manuals are very informative. They're somewhat funny, too. "Do not touch hot exhaust pipes with bare hands. Injury to personnel may result"... wow, really? that has to be a warning? lol

AaronW

You can't go "by" Maple Falls unless you are at Mt Baker. It is waaayy out of the way. i think we do have a newish member in B'ham or Blaine. He might have Stalwarts old junky rig. :cool:

That being said, Welcome to the site. We have quite the growing concern in Western Wa! You are fairly close to the July Arlington show.

Last edited:

jg09

haha, it's true. i'm in the middle of freakin' nowhere. but i'm probably moving down into bellingham soon. Actually, I wouldn't mind converting an M35A2 into a camper and living in that!

jg09

haha, it's true. i'm in the middle of freakin' nowhere. but i'm probably moving down into bellingham soon. Actually, I wouldn't mind converting an M35A2 into a camper and living in that!
this pic brought to you by my lack of photoshop skills mixed with my lack of sleep

sangamon

jg09,

I'm the fellow that AaronW is talking about. I'm about six miles east of Blaine.

I own Stalwart's old not-quite-as-cool-as-a-HEMTT-but-still-very-cool rig. Unfortunately, it's partly apart right now while I work on the steering. It's doubtful that it will be ready by the 6th

I've considered attending the meet in my Unimog firetruck. However, I'm concerned that faded-German-firetruck-red will clash with all the olive-drab at the meet.

In any case, a five hour ride in the passenger seat of a Unimog may just turn you off to any military type vehicles.

Stalwart

jg09,

I'm the fellow that AaronW is talking about. I'm about six miles east of Blaine.

I own Stalwart's old not-quite-as-cool-as-a-HEMTT-but-still-very-cool rig. Unfortunately, it's partly apart right now while I work on the steering. It's doubtful that it will be ready by the 6th

I've considered attending the meet in my Unimog firetruck. However, I'm concerned that faded-German-firetruck-red will clash with all the olive-drab at the meet.

In any case, a five hour ride in the passenger seat of a Unimog may just turn you off to any military type vehicles.
Brad, I'm sure it'd fit in just great, you have a very nice Mog! If he was serious at all about the hobby, riding in a Mog would be a good start. I know I'd jump at the chance. Jane and I went on a 4.5-5 hour drive in the M656 and although we were a bit worn out from the "adventure" we both were similing at the end of it, just a bit sweaty around the ears from the hearing protection.

I haven't found an MV yet that doesn't tire me out a bit, the HEMTT included.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks