• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbe with with mep005

Guyfang

Staff member
Agreed, Hopefully head gasket, those are well known for needing the head gaskets changed. Got one here in my yard with leaking gasket, luckily it leaks down the side of the block, not into the oil.
I believe the new head gasket is an upgraded design from the original, due to the shortcomings of the original!
Correct! They were a PITA.

As I have never seen a head crack, nor a block crack in the 004-005 family, I would bet its the gasket. Its an easy job. Top off. Doors off. You are half done.

Do remove the Neg. battery terminal. Drop a tool in the wrong place, it can be another exciting day.

RTB. Read it twice. Its easy, but just when you think you know it all....................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks