• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie doing his research has questions

bigcountry

I am researching and looking in Pennsylvania for an m35a2 or m35a2c. Prior to buying one I am trying to find out as many facts as possible. I have always been very thorough and have begun my WMO flitration set up and want to find the right vehicle. I love the m35a2 but want to ask the question what other vehicles besides the deuce had a multifuel motor?? Thanks in advance for the help. I love the idea of alternative fuels and have access to hundreds of gallons. I still have a lot to learn about alternative fuels but this website has proven quite useful.

'48Chevy6

I am researching and looking in Pennsylvania for an m35a2 or m35a2c. Prior to buying one I am trying to find out as many facts as possible. I have always been very thorough and have begun my WMO flitration set up and want to find the right vehicle. I love the m35a2 but want to ask the question what other vehicles besides the deuce had a multifuel motor?? Thanks in advance for the help. I love the idea of alternative fuels and have access to hundreds of gallons. I still have a lot to learn about alternative fuels but this website has proven quite useful.
Pre '03 ford diesels seem to do okay on WMO concoctions. Both powerstroke and idi.

bigcountry

I have been researching the postings and reading as much as possible. Working on my set up for filtration and continament are my first challenges. I know filtering as much as possible is best but as of now my final filter would be down to 5 microns. Not knowing a ton about the IP on the deuces, would this be sufficient?

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am researching and looking in Pennsylvania for an m35a2 or m35a2c. Prior to buying one I am trying to find out as many facts as possible. I have always been very thorough and have begun my WMO filtration set up and want to find the right vehicle. I love the m35a2 but want to ask the question what other vehicles besides the deuce had a multifuel motor?? Thanks in advance for the help. I love the idea of alternative fuels and have access to hundreds of gallons. I still have a lot to learn about alternative fuels but this website has proven quite useful.
I think most diesels will run on WMO, it is being able to run on gas and or diesel that makes the multi-fuel special.

DeucesWild11

5 micron is enough for filtration. Some guys go lower than that but the M35a2 only filters down to 10 I believe. I think the primary is 15 and the secondary and final is 10.. I am going to go down to 5 and mix 50:50 WMO/Diesel mix. I heard of people burning out their fuel pumps with the thicker WMO if they run it straight.. Something to think about.

bigcountry

Thanks for info and opinions. Any opinions on what is the best to cut WMo with. I have seen diesel, gas, or kerosene. Obviously the IP will receive plenty of lubrication with the WMO, but of the three does any do a better job then others?

'48Chevy6

No matter how much diesel you add to WMO, it will never be as thin as diesel. Not to say it has to be that thin but gas does give a lot more bang for your buck. Do be careful not to get it too thin and risk scoring your IP.

Zach

westfolk

In the warm months 100% works for me. Not saying it works for other people. I have something like 14 trucks running, and working. When I say working I mean between 9-15 ton per load I don't know how many loads a day, day after day, week after week...you get the picture. Never had a problem. Well other than when it gets cold and people forget to thin the fuel out and the trucks won't run very fast.........

bigcountry

What model trucks are you running. Mine will not get work as hard or as often but will haul a couple tons of wood when they are worked. My issue may be sitting and only driven a day or two a week which shouldnt be a huge issue unless it gets real cold out. Thanks for the input.

I filter to five microns and run 100% waste oil.
I drive it every day.

A couple of times I have been low and added Regular Gas to the oil and my truck did not like it at all.
It would surge when cold and the power was way down.

because I control the main source of my used oil, I just pour it through a sock filter and right into the truck.

When I am given oil I put it into a drum and let it settle before pumping it through a filter and a water blocker.

Fueling the truck is almost as much fun as driving it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks