• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie EUC questions for a Deuce

midcounty

I haven't bought from GL before, and now I have EUC questions. Where it asks what you will do with it(i.e. keep it for what reason, sell it as is, alter and then sell), what would you put there if you aren't sure what you will do with it. I am thinking I will buy a couple here and there, probably sell most of them. I figure I would make any needed repairs and paint if needed, but if someone wanted one as is sell it that way. I figure if I end up with one I just have to have, to keep my current one happy, I will keep it. Does it really make a difference what you check in that section?
Next question. I am a sole proprietor gun shop owner, so do I have to put that info on the EUC? Technically I guess it would be the business buying them.

midcounty

Should I mention possibly selling them, or just put collecting, displaying, and other legal uses. I handle title 2 firearms in my business, and when it asks what reason you have for purchasing a 'destructive device' I have everyone just put 'for all lawful purposes'. That works just fine for the ATF. Would that be fine for GL?

midcounty

With all the info the gooberment has on me for my business, they should be able to see I am a legit citizen in just a couple seconds :roll:. Does anyone know if that has any effect on the wait time?

Flyingvan911

No credentials you have will affect your wait time. You can be an adverage citizen to hold a double/triple delta super awesome clearance. You will be waiting for a while. I don't see any reason to put down that you own a gun shop. It won't make a difference. The only info that will make a difference may or may not be in the files of the major law enforcement agencies. Unless you smuggled guns to the Confederacy or tried to sneak a SUV into Al Gore's garage, you sould be fine.

kc5mzd

I would keep it very simple on the EUC. The more you put the longer it will take. Your first one will take longer than you expect.
If you want you might call GL and talk with them after you win and recieve the notice but before you send it in. If they need revisions it can add weeks to the wait.

midcounty

I am not chastising you... I hate the search feature, just eliminating the inevitable from the beginning :mrgreen:

Keep it simple like everybody said[thumbzup]
Yeah, I kinda figured that out after I read your signature :wink:. Think I will go with the 'for all legal purposes'. That pretty much covers any thing I do with a Deuce. Now I just have to score a winning bid to continue on.

DieselBob

Also when you fill out the EUC when you move to a particular box to fill it in a small info box will open with the correct selections that you should use. This is a perfect time to remember K.I.S.. I try to use "Not Applicable" when ever I can.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I kinda figured that out after I read your signature :wink:. Think I will go with the 'for all legal purposes'. That pretty much covers any thing I do with a Deuce. Now I just have to score a winning bid to continue on.
No, Listen to dieselBob. "for intended use" is the correct answer.

midcounty

Ah, I thought that was the name of the box I had to fill out. Didn't realize it is the response to put in. Thanks, that is just what I was looking for, a simple reply that works ;)

Triman

FYI, found this thread while searching on how to fill out my first EUC. :) Search works, but you're right, it can be a tricky thing to use.

Thanks for all the advice people. You have a great community here!!!!

Seth_O

FYI - using search after winning my first GL item I found a thread that listed step-by-step all the 'correct' answers to put in the EUC. I filled it out according to those instructions and it greased right through - no corrections or clarifications required.

I filled it out with EXACTLY what the thread said - no deviations at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks