• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Long Island New York! And looking for some help in the right direction

Mulisha980

Hello guys!
Name is Brendan from Long Island New York! Heard about this forum from a good buddy of mine who's been collecting for a while. I'm happy to have been pointed in this direction for the future. I come to you today to ask about New York rules and regulations! I have been hearing all the hype about the www.govplanet.com selling off all the used military surplus. I would love to get involved, but as I read about bidding terms on a used H1 Humvee its labeled as " OFF-ROAD USE ONLY" .... Now I was thinking this was due to the ban a while back? And now that the ban is lifted and these vehicles are for sale again does anyone know if I would have a problem in registering and obtaining plates for one to drive on the road for recreational use only? Anyone familiar with the way New York DMV handles these situations? Any help is highly appreciated....

Thanks Brendan....:lol::lol:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Best to check with your local DMV on any questions on New York rules and regulations. With that being said check the HMMWV threads on here, they are sold still as "OFF Road Use only" and the SF97 or title will come with that printed on it. So yes you would have a very big problem to registering it for highway use in NY.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks