• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie From Mississippi with a M35A2

Uzaree

Hey Everyone,

I am a proud owner of a 1972 M35A2 now. I own a fabrication shop so of course I am dieing to start MODing it up some. My basic wants for the M35A2 is to recover people that are stuck in the mud and to recover or support people when we have Tornado's around here. As you may rememeber the last few years have been **** on us in the Yazoo City area.

I have a few mods in mind and I read the 10 most wanted MODS for the M35A2 Thread, however I am not 100% up to par on all the acronyms yet. So hopefully I'll put a list here and someone can chime in and point me in the correct location.

1. Steering - Full Hydro or Hydro Assist
2. Lockers - Thinking about the Yukons in all 3 Axles
3. 12V conversion - I Have seen TM America on here but can't find anything when I google.
4. New Rims and Tires for more meat on the ground.
5. Light bars so I can see everything around me.

There were a few others but I was up until 3 am and its all cloudy now...

Any help would be great...

Dock Rocker

Hey Everyone,

I am a proud owner of a 1972 M35A2 now. I own a fabrication shop so of course I am dieing to start MODing it up some. My basic wants for the M35A2 is to recover people that are stuck in the mud and to recover or support people when we have Tornado's around here. As you may rememeber the last few years have been **** on us in the Yazoo City area.

I have a few mods in mind and I read the 10 most wanted MODS for the M35A2 Thread, however I am not 100% up to par on all the acronyms yet. So hopefully I'll put a list here and someone can chime in and point me in the correct location.

1. Steering - Full Hydro or Hydro Assist
2. Lockers - Thinking about the Yukons in all 3 Axles
3. 12V conversion - I Have seen TM America on here but can't find anything when I google.
4. New Rims and Tires for more meat on the ground.
5. Light bars so I can see everything around me.

There were a few others but I was up until 3 am and its all cloudy now...

Any help would be great...

I am also a new member from crystal springs just south of you. I have a new cucv. Welcome abord.

SPCWarning

Welcome!

Enterprise, MS here! Not far from the AL line in Clarke County. Also new owner of CUCV. Fabrication Shop in Madison? Hmmmmmmmm.........sounds like a lot of mods are possible there. I have no idea how many MS SS members there are, but maybe we should plan on some kind of meeting sometime. Welcome aboard Uzaree, and don't forget to download/read the TM section on your M35A2. They'll be some of your best friends.

Dock Rocker

Enterprise, MS here! Not far from the AL line in Clarke County. Also new owner of CUCV. Fabrication Shop in Madison? Hmmmmmmmm.........sounds like a lot of mods are possible there. I have no idea how many MS SS members there are, but maybe we should plan on some kind of meeting sometime. Welcome aboard Uzaree, and don't forget to download/read the TM section on your M35A2. They'll be some of your best friends.
Spcwarning. I work in Clark county all the time. I have a Workover contractor from shubuta that I work with weekly.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why do you want to convert to 12V? Or do you mean just add a 12V alternator and have a separate circuit to power 12V items?

197thhhc

Welcome to steel soldiers. I do have a suggestion for a recovery type vehicle. If you dont have a winch truck I would suggest a heavy electric winch. Thats what we have on our test truck.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome aboard. you will find all your answers here. just read all you can about the duece working parts and electrical .. that wimpy alt cant run much in the way of lights though

Uzaree

Its not a Winch truck but I am adding a Warn 12K winch to the front and a 10K winch in the rear.

Yes I want to add 12V to run items. Main goal are lights and winch. I figured the generator one this thing would be plenty but I'm obviously wrong =(.

Right now I have a bad problem with my drive lights that I'm trying to trouble shoot. When ever I turn them on they come on for a second then shut off, then it takes a few minutes before I can do it again. The battery gauge goes a little freaky that I just noticed when I turn the light on today. This is after 2 brand new battery's

Uzaree

Ok just figured out it appears the Alt is not charging. So what to do now? Again I want to run a Large set of lights and two winches. Will not be running two winches at the same time. The rear will mainly be an anchor.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the original alt is only rated at 60 amps.. so that is not much at all. you can upgrade to the 100 or 120 output ones but are pricey. there is a circuit breaker in the light switch that might be going out or just not enough power to run them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks