• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from New Jersey . . . well sort of.

86M1009AJH

Hi all. I have been on SS for a little under a year now and usually come on here to read the many TMs for CUCVs, Deuce 1/2s, and trailers or reading the different posts. Well I actually have a question that I want to post, however in order for me to do that, i still need to post here, which I thought i did already but whatever.
Lets try it again I guess. I think, maybe. Whatever. Its all good. My bad for not posting sooner if I didnt. Hi all. Name is Adam and I am from Central Jersey. I drive a 1986 Chevy Blazer M1009 and love every minute of it. She is mechanically pretty sound but has some rust issues starting to creep up on her. I already have a small album up on my profile page. Not many pics of the truck just yet because shes a work in progress. But never the less thanks for reading and looking if you you do. If not, oh well im not hurt.

Adam H

Almost forgot the question. As I am "restoring", fixing up, or resto-rodding? (I dont know if thats really the proper term.) this truck I want to put the call signs and or nomenclature bach on the bumpers and the tail gate. Now this truck, im pretty sure of it, was stationed at Ft. Monmouth in Oceanport. Which was later sold to The Borough of the Highlands Public Works, after that Red Bank Recycling, and now by me. I digress. . . Would anybody know how to rewrite something that would resemble the correct Bumper / Tail gate ID tags for this truck from the fort? Or would anyone happen to have pictures of CUCVs in Ft. Monmouth. PM me and send em on over to me. Thank you very much in advance for any help that may come forth.