• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from upstate NY here.

cardinal63

Enjoy browsing online here. Lots of interesting topics and clever people!
Am contemplating buying a m105 trailer for use around my woodlot.
There is 70 acres of mixed forest, and am thinking of using the trailer for gathering firewood, and bringing logs to a portable sawmill which I hope to purchase soon. I would be towing the trailer behind a tc 40 horsepower new holland boomer 4 wheel drive tractor. The tractor weighs approximately 4500 pounds, with weighted tires. From reading here, and elsewhere online, it seems that this trailer may be unstable and prone to rollover. I would be following the mantra of tow low and go slow of course. But to do so would place the rear end of the trailer up in the air. Would appreciate any and all thoughts here. Thanks in advance, Kevin.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

Where you located?

I'm near Pulaski.

Stop in to see an M105 in person if you like.

I could probably be persuaded to sell one, maybe...

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Welcome from across the lake. If an m105 is too large you could check around for an m101a1. Similar design but a little lower and built a fair bit lighter.