• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie in Indianapolis

Hawg211

Hello all. I live on the east side of Indy and I'm here because I'd like to find a M1028 to fix up. Anyone ever work with the folks at Drexel Gardens?

Whoops! LOL Yes I can actually spell "Indianapolis".

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike_L

Hawg211,

Welcome to the site. There are several members of the IN MVPA club that have the CUCVs (M1008s, I think) but I haven't seen any of the M1028s so far. Might be a couple out there, ask around at the next club meeting. Some probably have had some dealings with Drexel Gardens. Also, don't forget about the MPVA convention down in Evansville next week. I'm sure there will be something or someone there to help your quest.

ccequipment

Welcome

Dave is watching over Drexel, and another guy who works with him, I forgot his name, but both are super nice to deal with. They travel over from dayton, OH. I did buy a fully loaded M1028 out of there last year about this time, but you don't see many. I am just down the road in Bloomington about 50 miles away. I have alot of M35 trucks and parts

dk8019

I'll third or fourth Dave being a good guy. Indy has stuff from time to time, Wright Patt, and Columbus are close to you as well, so you should be in good shape if anything comes up. Just watch the auctions and bid what you are willing to pay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks