• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie m1009 in Costa Rica...

CR99

Just bought my first '84 m1009 with the 6.2 and I'm feeling it! It came with 33's and needs some work on the interior and body. The engine and tranny seem to be fine and 4x4 is also good. Only has 42k and was purchased from DE national guard and then driven down. If anyone knows of a good mechanic in Costa Rica or some fun off road clubs to join, I would appreciate the info. Meanwhile, thanks for all the good posts, I have been searching these forums and am learning a ton. Pics to come soon as this is my first post and first forum.

CCATLETT1984

welcome to the site, you'll find lots of helpfull info here. May I recommend that you download the TM's (technical Manuals) for the CUCV vehicles. They are available in the Tech Manual section of the site (located on the lower left side of the page). goes through the pages and then right click on the cucv manuals and save them to your computer. The manuals are in PDF format, so you will need adobe acrobat reader to view them.