• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbie needing advice

gallagher

i am 18 years old in the active duty army and i am looking for my first car, i came across a web site that was selling bobbed m35a2's and after thinking about i decided to look into getting one and fixing it up. they all run and are in good working condition and i can afford to buy one. but my main worry is that i may be bitting off more than i can chew. so i was wondering if any one could give me some advise as to wether or not to buy one as my first means of transportation or not, and what some of the posssible maintinence and fixing up costs i am looking at from driving one every day to the shop i work at?
i kind of think it would be a good learning experience but i dont want to learn a lesson of this magnitude the hard way.

any advice will be apreciated.

Sgt Hulka

What a pleasure to have you here. Thanks for your service! My son reports for Air Force basic training in a month...

First. Take a bit of time to do your research. There is an unbelievable wealth of experience and knowledge on this site. You don't have to buy anything RIGHT NOW... Go to the Resources section. Ask members questions. Haunt the Deuce threads. Check out the stickies.

And most of all. If you're considering buying a vehicle from any source, members on this site will have input, either in the threads or by PMing...

Have fun. Be safe.

Sgt Hulka

I have no personal experience with 100 Dollar Man. But I have indirectly heard he's a good man. Also I have no experience with Deuces. Other than I'd love to have one... I think you're on the right track. TAKE YOUR TIME... The answers are here on SS...

area52

hundy (100dollarman) (Mark) is a good guy to deal with, he has some nice trucks.

On the other hand, these trucks are not new! They do and will require upkeep. The tech manuals are on here under the resources tab up top and all the questions have been answered, just use the search feature and you will probably find them.

Deuces are slow, loud and get lousy MPG but a bobbed one is a little better.

Do you have any place to work on it?

gallagher

hundy (100dollarman) (Mark) is a good guy to deal with, he has some nice trucks.

On the other hand, these trucks are not new! They do and will require upkeep. The tech manuals are on here under the resources tab up top and all the questions have been answered, just use the search feature and you will probably find them.

Deuces are slow, loud and get lousy MPG but a bobbed one is a little better.

Do you have any place to work on it?

i work in a welding shop, but there are a bunch of bays i could put it in to work on after work, as long as the automotive side hasnt gotten full and over flowed. but there is also a place for people to work on there cars some where else too, so i have several options. pluss i know all about low mpg's my dad use to drive an 80 something chevy 1 ton to work, only getting 6 mpg.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks