• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie to M1082 - a few questions

majorgunho

Hello everyone,

New guy, new to milsurp but excited all the same.

I purchased a M1082 recently and am picking it up soon. It appears to be in good shape, with the overhead rails to hold up the cover and the cover is included.

I will be taking it across the country soon (See July) and am not really wanting to head out without a few spare parts. Where can I get a spare tire/rim in case I end up with a bad one?

Also, I'm planning on converting it into a fancy "tent" for off-road camping. Anyone know of someone who's done this who I could pick their brain a little? I'm primarily looking to add a toilet, simple shower, and simple water/sewage catch for same. Some fold up sleeping compartments and a small cooking area w/ gas storage.

Anyway, I only have one picture, I"ll post more when I pick it up.

http://imgur.com/a/CbWSx

(Couldn't figure out how to add it, kept saying invalid file.....)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks