• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie to MVs

DocThrock

Hi Everybody. Glad to be here. I'm new to Military Vehicles. You guys and gals sure have some cool stuff, and a LOT of information!

I just bought a 1942 Clark MILL-44 Tructractor (read airfraft tug), and I'm going to be searching and asking for help in it's restoration. Also, I may be looking for an "appropriate" vehicle to drag it around.

tractor

Glad to see someone else here with a WWII vintage vehicle. I would suggest a Dodge WC for something middle ground between a jeep and a duece.

91W350

Welcome to the forums, I had one of those cast iron fendered, flat head sixed, gear reducted little Clark tugs that I donated to the local Flywheels Museum. They have been using it for 20 plus years to tow antique farm equipment around the museum and finally last summer, we had to overhaul the transmission. I am not sure how I wound up helping fix a vehicle I donated over 20, maybe close to 30 years ago. I still enjoy running it and seeing it being used. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks