• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie to this forum and Mil Veh ownership

Cobra 1

Hello everyone! Im new to this forum and ownership of a Military Truck project. Little about me Im a local police officer and have a side business doing Airsoft. I have a field that players can come on and play Army for the day. Ive been working on new additions for the field and came across a M54 in the local junk yard. Truck looked familiar but don't they all. Being Motor T myself at first I thought I came across a M813, but once out of the woods I realized I was wrong. Checking the truck over and speaking to the owner of the yard I realized it was once owned by a local resident and better was it was driven there! Yep driven to the junk yard. But I didn't get there in time before the dash cluster was cut out of the dash board and the ignition/battery switch was removed. Batteries were still in it but one was dead and all fluids were drained. So I took a ride down to Eastern Surplus & Equipment Co and spoke with Steve Lever, who educated me on what I found in the woods. Def worth the 2 hour ride and a great bunch of guys! They suggested I get it started first before I invest any cash in it. So looks like I have a project here, wish me luck!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, that truck should make a great addition to your field. And the missing parts are super easy to come by. And can ship in a flat rate box, as opposed to just about any other part on a 5 ton! Get some photos for us and then paint her up and let's see her then too.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome, I had a kids birthday party in my woods and had the military trucks and trailers scattered all over the field and they played lazer tag. The kids still talk about it today!

nopics

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These old trucks can sit for years and fire to life with a fresh set of batteries.

Good luck with the project.

steelandcanvas

Welcome from the Plains of Colorado! You sound as though you have a lot of excitement for your new found project. Keep coming back, you'll be in good hands! We'll help you the best we can, lots of good information here and a lot of MV brainyacs!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks