• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lostinthemix

Newbie here from Or. Cool site, lots of info. I'm mostly interested in the m715 as I want to restore one, maybe puting some modern tires on it, and maybe a stereo and cb. Anyways, this seems to be a great site with alot of info.
Thanks,
Lost

lostinthemix

Thanks, yea, I have found a few for sale. I don't need to do much too one, what I want out of a truck they will pretty much do stock lol,just want to modernize a few things.
Thanks,
Lost

davidkroberts

ive restored one, got it now, not a bad truck to work on and a good first MV. dead reliable engine when you replace the fuel pump and ignition. unstoppable drivetrain. mine gets around 11 mpg when empty. max speed is only about 55 though and i have the 16 inch michelins from the LAV's. one of the best tow vehicles i have if you arent planning on getting there fast.

lostinthemix

Thanks guys, I'm not too worried about top speed as I'm only about 45mins east or west to the mtns I'd be using it on,I'm more concerned about reliability and ability to do what I want mostly camping, and exploring,fishing, yr round. I'll prob put another bigger fuel tank in it as well,lots of log roads around here tons actually, and I've been on alot of them driving log truck, but theres more to explore, and I like camping in bfe, it'd serve as a bov if the need ever arose as well.
Thanks again guys,
Lost

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks