• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newer D turbo / 5 speed direct drive tranny for sale

hey guys, got my new D turbo motor in the truck and reused the C turbo, so I have the D turbo left. dont need another part laying around the cluddered garage, so im gonna sell it to someone who might need it. i'd like to get 125.00 for it plus shipping. I also have the 5 speed tranny w/o overdrive. it came on the motor when i got it, and again have no use for this either. again looks very nice, and little or no use. With item,shoot a figure... might be able to bring these to Aberdeen to save shipping. If interested in either, let me know... I'll answer questions the best I can.

Thanks

FSBruva

Dakotafear -

We actually have a section for stuff like this - "Classifieds" in the left hand column under "Resources." You can post an ad for free, and deal with every interested party directly, without cluttering a forum designed for "Topics restricted to restoration, repairs, and other stock truck issues."

Matt

houdel

FSBruva said:
Dakotafear -

We actually have a section for stuff like this - "Classifieds" in the left hand column under "Resources." You can post an ad for free, and deal with every interested party directly, without cluttering a forum designed for "Topics restricted to restoration, repairs, and other stock truck issues."

Matt
Matt - what you say is exactly true. However, it seems that most everyone with a "One Off" item to sell (or for that matter an item to trade or a want to buy) posts it in this forum. The classifieds seem to be the most overlooked forum on the SS board, other than the late "Random thoughts from the Latrine Wall" forum, which I believe was deleted due to lack of interest. I see two possible outcomes to this situation:

A. Allow "One Off" want to sell, want to buy and want to trade postings in this forum, all commercial sell/buy/trade postings go in the classifieds.

B. Do not allow any want sell/buy/trade postings AT ALL in this forum; if they pop up here the moderators can move them to the classifieds. Perhaps allow a single "see my want sell/buy/trade posting" in this forum to draw attention to the new classified posting.

If it were to be placed to a vote, I'd go with option "A". I don't mind, and in fact enjoy, seeing an occasional "want sell/buy/trade posting" in this forum. There aren't that many that it clutters up the forum and it helps me to keep a pulse on what things are available out there, what to expect to pay for parts I need, and helped me get rid of some of my unneeded parts in exchange for some stuff I needed.

As I recall, we very recently had two members pedaling air compressor wrenches in this forum and no one seemed to mind. In fact, I bought one of the wrenches ONLY because I saw it posted here. I did not NEED an air compressor wrench, but the price was right and it became an impulse purchase. Chances are if it came to the point that I actually NEEDED an air compressor wrench there wouldn't be any listed in the classifieds and I'd have to spend considerably more to buy one from a commercial supplier.

I'm not trashing you here or even disagreeing with what you say, as you ARE technically correct, just offering another viewpoint.

Sorry guys for the post of parts for sale, i didnt know what procedure to follow so if I caused trouble.. I apoligize. as for the turbo, The turbo is a "D" version.. non whistler. e-22 backed out after the mix up on versions. So if anyone still wants it let me know.. Thanks for looking and c ya's at Aberdeen !!!

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks