• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

next issue... blinkers and horn....

majkowskid

With all of ya'lls help, i've fixed a lot of issues lately so thank you! air pressure release valve replaced this week, fuel delivery issue solved, etc.

My next issue is BLINKERS and HORN.

1. blinker switch doesn't do squat. when i hit hazards on, they blink SUPER fast (like 5 times a second), almost like a bulb is out but they are all working. turn signals work when i flip the switch. switch seems to be functioning. don't see any obvious wiring issues. anyone had this issue?

2. NO horn. push in on the horn button on the high/low beam switch and nada. wondering if these two are related somehow with some weird relay block that i'm missing? does anyone know which relays work the horn and turn signals?

peakbagger

I think the horn is fairly simple but the location of the actual horn is vulnerable to damage. You probably need to check to see if it working by applying 24 volts to the horn and then tracing the wires back. The Tech manual electrical diagnosis section has some great diagnostics on the wiring including the 4 relays on the firewall that are related to the military light switch. As usual, hidden rat damage could be a cause.

majkowskid

I think the horn is fairly simple but the location of the actual horn is vulnerable to damage. You probably need to check to see if it working by applying 24 volts to the horn and then tracing the wires back. The Tech manual electrical diagnosis section has some great diagnostics on the wiring including the 4 relays on the firewall that are related to the military light switch. As usual, hidden rat damage could be a cause.
Thank you for the reply. The relays you talk about are they the ones by the switch that controls the upper lower lights under the hood?

BELinNC

One thing worth while to do is take all the fuses out of the holder and use a dremel tool or something to clean the contacts. Inspect or replace the fuses and reinstall. I did this recently and it brought my horn and some other lights back to life.

majkowskid

One thing worth while to do is take all the fuses out of the holder and use a dremel tool or something to clean the contacts. Inspect or replace the fuses and reinstall. I did this recently and it brought my horn and some other lights back to life.
I actually just did this hoping that would fix it after I read someone else did the same. No luck. I replaced every fuse and cleaned with a wire brush in the terminals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks