• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC250 starter lock-out switch

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That line is comming from the main oil rifle. It might be a switch that won't let the starter engage if there is oil pressure, so when the engine is running, you can't accidentally hit the starter button and put the bendix into the ring gear. 2cents

mangus580

Re: RE: NHC250 starter lock-out switch

WillWagner said:
That line is comming from the main oil rifle. It might be a switch that won't let the starter engage if there is oil pressure, so when the engine is running, you can't accidentally hit the starter button and put the bendix into the ring gear. 2cents
Agreed....

CGarbee

RE: Re: RE: NHC250 starter lock-out switch

WillWagner and Mike are absolutely correct...
(Can you tell what part of my M817 I've been working on today... :) )

Crash_AF

IIRC it is also there to prevent overspeed damage the starter after the engine fires if the switch is held in the start position too long.

Later,
Joe

CGarbee

Yup, kills the starter circuit as soon as oil pressure builds and keeps it killed as long as it sees oil pressure...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks, anybody know the pressure rating?
Guess some rewiring would be in order if a prelube system was installed....

jwaller

well this helps me some but I also notice it's showing a mechaical oil press gauge. thats cool too. you answered my question on the lockout switch. thanks. now I gotta find that piece under my dash.

CGarbee

Better location diagram showing the starter lockout switch is located in TM 9-2320-260-34-1 on page 7-11 in the section 7-3. FRONT WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT... It should be pretty easy to find since it is the unit affixed to the t-fitting on the back of the oil pressure guage with an electrical wire comming off it... (I'd post the clip of the figure from the manual, but I'm feeling technically chalenged right now... :( )

I'm digging around to see what the specification on the switch is, but since the idle low oil pressure specification is 15-20 psi, I suspect that it is correspondingly low.

OK, the OIL PRESSURE LOCKOUT SWITCH is part number MS90530-2 (SWITCH, PRESSURE). Now, to find the specs on it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks