• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brake lights

Boots1986

Hello all,

I have a 1985 Blazer 6.2 non turbo. I recently replaced the batteries and now I have no brake lights. Tail lights and blinkers work, I replaced the switch and fuse and still nothing. Using my test light I have power to the fuse panel and power to the orange wire on the plug for the switch but not the white wire. I’m not an electrical genius so I don’t know if I’m supposed to have power to the white wire. Bulbs are LED so I know it’s not a burnt filament. I know there’s a chance my switch is bad, just haven’t tried another new one yet. I also tried connecting a wire to each side of the plug to see if that would make the brake lights come on and got nothing. If this issue has been covered before, I couldn’t find it doing a search. Thanks in advance for any help and I’m sorry if I left out any info.

cucvrus

Check you fuses carefully. Pull them out and closely look at them. The stop lights are on the same power leg as the PITA 30 AMP lighting fuse. Midway up right side of fuse box. Why did they put the fuse box under the dash? So many nice places it could have been placed.

dougco1

Hello all,

I have a 1985 Blazer 6.2 non turbo. I recently replaced the batteries and now I have no brake lights. Tail lights and blinkers work, I replaced the switch and fuse and still nothing. Using my test light I have power to the fuse panel and power to the orange wire on the plug for the switch but not the white wire. I’m not an electrical genius so I don’t know if I’m supposed to have power to the white wire. Bulbs are LED so I know it’s not a burnt filament. I know there’s a chance my switch is bad, just haven’t tried another new one yet. I also tried connecting a wire to each side of the plug to see if that would make the brake lights come on and got nothing. If this issue has been covered before, I couldn’t find it doing a search. Thanks in advance for any help and I’m sorry if I left out any info.
Try to hot wire the brake light switch before you purchase a new one. Could be just a"bad new switch". How did you get the LED tail lights to work with the flasher? Maybe that could be your issue?[/QUOTE]

Boots1986

I’ve changed the fuse and checked all the other fuses. I put load resistors on the wiring to get the wires to make the flashers work. Tried putting the stock incandescent bulbs in and it’s the same, no brake lights. Not sure what’s meant by hot wiring the brake light switch but I already bought and tried a new switch.

Boots1986

I’ve changed the fuse and checked all the other fuses. I put load resistors on the wiring to get the wires to make the flashers work. Tried putting the stock incandescent bulbs in and it’s the same, no brake lights. Not sure what’s meant by hot wiring the brake light switch but I already bought and tried a new switch.
Figured it out finally. Wound up being stupid simple. After spending almost 2 hours tracing wires and checking voltage on all the switches and what not, it wound up being a loose wire on the turn signal switch connector on the steering column

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks