• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brake lights

atomic88

Hi, not sure how to post this as a new question, but, on my m932a2 I have no truck brake lights. I check the usual problems, I have power to the switch but when I jump the two wires the lights still don't work, so does that automatically mean there is a broken wire from the switch back or do they share a ground separate to just the brake light circuit or is the positive passed from one light to the next and could fail at that connection, ECT.

AAAND... I also don't have trailer brake lights, but here's where it gets very interesting. My trailer socket corroded and with none available (with out searching very hard) I decided to convert it to a normal civilian 7 pin plug. My first thought was maybe if I put all led lights in the trailer it could be plugged directly in without the converter. But for now I still use the converter, with a new civilian 7 pin end on it. Ok, so now what I need to know there is if the truck brake lights don't work will the trailers automatically not work as well, or would they. And let's say they would. What do they typically use as the trigger for the brake light relay in the converter. They used the park light (pin E) as a general source of power to the converter, pin B as left turn TRIGGER, pin J as right turn TRIGGER, pin K as "auxiliary" but is actually unterminated in the converter. Im not exactly sure what would be "brake lights trigger"

Sorry for the long post or if I didn't post it in the right place.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
At the plug behind your air intake pipe. You know you have power going to the brake switch thru that connector. Find the power coming back to that same connector. This power then returns to tail and trailer plug on 460/461 after going thru the light switch.

Check pin A and B at that connector wire 75 completes the circuit. If you have power on both then

Check pins for wires 460/461 to see if that power is coming out of the master light switch.

Replacement trailer sockets generally are only sold as take offs. It comes as a whole chassis harness which has to be installed thru the rear trailer plug hole first.

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I parted out a 931 and am parting out another 5 ton, I may have what you need. Send me a PM on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic88

At the plug behind your air intake pipe. You know you have power going to the brake switch thru that connector. Find the power coming back to that same connector. This power then returns to tail and trailer plug on 460/461 after going thru the light switch.

Check pin A and B at that connector wire 75 completes the circuit. If you have power on both then

Check pins for wires 460/461 to see if that power is coming out of the master light switch.

Replacement trailer sockets generally are only sold as take offs. It comes as a whole chassis harness which has to be installed thru the rear trailer plug hole first.

Hi, I was finally able to do this test. With the master switch on service drive and the wires at the brake light switch jumped I have power on wire 75 and 75A at the master switch. I have power on 460/461 at the master switch as well, no brake lights.

atomic88

Hi, I was finally able to do this test. With the master switch on service drive and the wires at the brake light switch jumped I have power on wire 75 and 75A at the master switch. I have power on 460/461 at the master switch as well, no brake lights.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that my ABS module is cooked. I don't know it that would affect it or not??

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Do you have power at 460/461 at the harness plug behind the intake tube?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On that harness behind the intake tube, with master switch on service drive, I do not have power on 22/460 or 22/461.
I assume that is with the brake switch still jumped.

You have power on 22-460/461 at the master but not at the intake plug correct?

Or did you just do 460/461 . There should be 2 of each at the master plug. 460/461 then 22-460/461. Sorry I forgot the flasher reports back thru 460/461

atomic88

I assume that is with the brake switch still jumped.

You have power on 22-460/461 at the master but not at the intake plug correct?

Or did you just do 460/461 . There should be 2 of each at the master plug. 460/461 then 22-460/461. Sorry I forgot the flasher reports back thru 460/461

Maser switching on service drive brake switch jumped. I have power on 460/461 at Master switch. I do not have power on 22/460 or 22/461 at master plug behind intake tube. I do not see a 460/461 master plug.

atomic88

I am referring to 22-460/461 at the master light switch output on the dash

Sorry I re read that and saw I miss understood. On the master light switch I have a wire with a double tag "460 & 461" and I also have a wire with a single tag "22" but I do not have a 22/460 or a 22/461 on that switch harness.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok I misread the P2P diagram . Check for power out of 22-460/461 at the turn signal switch harness that will be pin c and E

460/461 power in with brake switch jumped but no power out on 22-460/461 would be a bad switch

atomic88

Ok I misread the P2P diagram . Check for power out of 22-460/461 at the turn signal switch harness that will be pin c and E

460/461 power in with brake switch jumped but no power out on 22-460/461 would be a bad switch

Alright, I will double check everything, then order a switch. If that fixes it, I will report back. Thank you very much for the help!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Alright, I will double check everything, then order a switch. If that fixes it, I will report back. Thank you very much for the help!!
If you aren't picky you can jump the 461/460 to the 22-460 wire to take over the power delivery onto a single circuit

atomic88

Disregard that question. I'm working on too many things at the same time.

With master switch on service drive, brake light switch jumped, at the turn signal switch I do have power in at 460/461 I do not have power out on 22/460 or 22/461.

That indicates that the turn signal switch is bad, correct?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Disregard that question. I'm working on too many things at the same time.

With master switch on service drive, brake light switch jumped, at the turn signal switch I do have power in at 460/461 I do not have power out on 22/460 or 22/461.

That indicates that the turn signal switch is bad, correct?
Correct

you can remove the connector at that turn switch and jump the pins 461 to 22461 Nd it should kick em on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks