• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NO EUC but brother has one. Advice

bigswin

My brother has his EUC b/c we bought a M35A2 last year. I'm looking at getting a CUCV at the next govliquidation auction but he is going to have to buy it for me b/c he has all of the necessary docs. Question: Can he sell it to me just like any other vehicle? I know some folks buy these and sell them but just want to make sure. We are in Indiana. Thanks!

1qwkgoat

Why can't you get a EUC for the CUCV? As long as you're a legal citizen not a felon etc... you can get a EUC. Yes it will most likely take longer since it will be your first EUC. Where as it would be his second. Once he gets the SF-97 he could sale it to you. Actually there is a place on the EUC that asks if you already plan to sale the item and know the party you are selling it to .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS.

When your brother bought his truck last year he was required to obtain a EUC for that particular auction. If he bids again on an auction that requires an EUC, he will need to fill out the paperwork again.

If he has to fillout the paperwork again, you might as well bid your self.

As far a you buying/him selling the truck, he can sell the truck, just not to a non-USA citizen and cannot export it. If there is any question about the vehicle, the feds will come to him first. If he sells it he should document the transaction to cover himself. This applies to anyone that buys military vehicles and equipment.

Last edited:

Carl_in_NH

If he purchased a vehicle with the sole intent to sell it to you, then he must divulge that information on the EUC application. The EUC requires name, address, and phone number of the person he's selling it to. Considering one signs these documents under the pains and penalties of perjury and submits them to a government agency, I would suggest it to be unwise to willingly falsify - whether through direct misrepresentation or willful omission - any information contained on the document.

Simply put, since you need to be claimed on the document anyway, why not just apply for the EUC yourself?

bigswin

First of all, yes I am an American Citizen born and raised :-D. Secondly, due to the time constraints and the fact this is the second purchaseI just figured it would be easier for him to do it. The auction in next thursday. What do I need to have him do prior to next week? I thought since he had already gone through the process it would be easy and all we needed to do was bid on the item. Thanks again!

nhdiesel

When dealing with GL, you have as much chance of having things go smoothly as he does. For you to bid through GL and buy a truck, you just have to sit down at a computer, sigh up with GL (doesn't take long and is free, like signing up for anything else online), then once you have bid on, and won, a truck, you fill out the EUC and wait. And wait.

You may think things will go quicker for him...and they very well might. But I've bought 5 other vehicles through GL, and now for #6, its been 41 days that I've been waiting for my EUC. Its just a matter of chance.

I'm with the others on here. To keep things simple, sign up and bid yourself. That keeps your brother out of your paperwork, and you will have your own account. Because you *know* it won't be the last thing you buy from GL. Trust me!

Jim

bigswin

NHDiesel, thanks. Well, I'm registered on GL (have been for awhile). So it sounds like I don't need to do anything until the auction is over and I win something right? They are opening the lot next wednesday so I'm going to go down and kick some tires. I think there are 15 CUCVs down there they are selling. All of the paperwork happens AFTER the auciton? Thanks again.

bigswin

Thanks everyone. I remember having to wait about a month or so when we got the deuce., that sucks. Is there anything that can be done to streamiline the process. Possibly some DO'S and DON'TS?

KsM715

All of the paperwork happens AFTER the auciton? Thanks again.
Yep paperwork is done after you have "won" the auction.

Good Luck. Dont get your heart set on one particular truck and get suckered into to paying way more than you should just because you think you have to have that one.

nhdiesel

Yea, when I bid on Deuces, I make a chart first showing the various options (hard top or soft, heater?, tires, condition, troop seats?, rear canvas?, etc.) Then put stars next to them to remind me with a quick glance which ones I like best. During the auction you may have seconds to decide whether to bid on a different one or stick with the one you are bidding on.

Its all part of the fun! Well...I should say, my second Deuce I had no such chart, and wasn't even planning to bit, until I saw how low the prices happened to be. I had about 2 minutes to decide on a truck and bid. I got one, and it is better than the first one that I had all the charts made up for!

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks