• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No fuel

saddamsnightmare

March 21st, 2013.. :-D German engineering may drive you nuts, or drive you broke, but anyone who hasn't owned a Unimog doesn't realize how well engineered they are, even back to the S404.114's (The generation or two before yours). The worst thing you can do to a gasoline Unimog is feed it ethanol laced gas, the worst thing for any diesel, Unimog or not, is to sit without running for any length of time! Good luck, be careful, the SEE's are exceptionally short, and without the backhoe unit on the back, they can be very touchy on steep downgrades as they are nose heavy (not a problem with a standard Cargo variant Unimog).:driver:

bchauvette

You may have heard I got the MOGsterrunning. Of course the event did have its drama. I could have got itstarted days ago. But when I called for an eta on the oil filer afterthree days after ordering they told me they will be checking foravailability from the factory. So after several phone calls I found avendor they said I would have the filter in three days. I orderedfrom them and canceled the original order. Well 3 days pass,4 dayspass no filter. I just couldn't wait anymore. I did something I amnot proud of and never did before. I cleaned the old oil filter “The devil made me do it”.

I had to use a turkey baster to fillthe oil filter can after installing. You jut can't poor the oil in itjust air locks and poors down the side. . Any body have a better way?. O.K the big moment. Throttle lever Fuel off position, To get oilpressure up before fire-ing, Main power switch on, Clutch peddle in,Cranked until I got oil pressure. OK the big moment “Full Throttle”. Cranked and cranked and cranked...... Nothing. I was _ull _hit. Ihad visions of having to take everything apart and re-time the IP.Well it was diner time and that gave me a chance to calm down andthink about it. It still wasn't getting fuel to the injectors. As Iwas walking back out after dinner it dawned on me. In my excitement Iforgot the last step when I primed the fuel system. You remove theplug from the first fuel filter work the manual lift pump until fuelsquirts out. Replace the plug and repeat for the second filter. Nowthe step I forgot. After replacing the plug on the second filteryou're supposed work the manual lift pump until the plunger feelsfirm to charge the Injector pump. Bata-Boom Bata-Bing success.

As I was taking the inaugural drivearound the block. There where people actually coming out of theirhouse with kids waving enthusiastically as I drove by. Of course Iwas unaffected by this.

I actually couldn't sleep last nigh.Mentally doing all the things I want to do to Her (can I say that?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks