• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Lights, Horn, Turn Signals - HELP Please

mcne2026

Got it home and nothing. No lights, horn, turn signals. Wipers work but don't pump water. I have only had it a day and know very little about it. I do know they worked when I drove it first time. All original 24v setup. Nothing converted. I have the service manuals, but they do not cover this well. My first guess is a fuse. Anyone have a diagram of fuse box?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you familiar with the blackout light functions? All those items mentioned (except washer pump) could be effected if the truck is in blackout mode.

mangus580

When checking the blackouts, remember you have to pull out on the switch lever before flipping up. This is a lockout to prevent accidental activation :)

mangus580

I think there is a fuse that supplies that switch. Might want to check that. The TM's have the electrical schematics, with the fuse box defined in them.

mcne2026

I have all the technical manuals. I could not find anything in them that defined what fuse was for what. I found a fuse box in the drivers area. Probably in that fuse box, I was just hoping not to have to test each one.

mcne2026

You were right on the money. Thanks. I thought I was a pretty good shade tree electrical mechanic, but I could not figure out which fuse it was from the schematics. Sure would have been nice to have a diagram of the fuse panel like every other owners manual has. I would have had to pull each one to find it. Thanks again.

Another question. How similar to the civy Blazer is this truck? I know a lot of doors, body parts, etc. are. But what about the electrical and fuse panels and locations. Would a civy manual be of use here?

Last question for now. Previous owner installed a radio/cd player. It only plays from one speaker on the drivers side of the dash. Do these have two speakers up front? 3.5in? Also, my radio looses all settings after I shutdown truck. I assume it is because they did not hook up a perm power, just accy. Can I get a good perm from that fuse box and if so, what fuse? I know I could test them and will, but hey, why not ask first.

mangus580

Electrical stuff is pretty different. Not sure how the fuse locations compare to the civvy.

Any speakers added to the dash would have been done by the previous owner. As for your memory wire, I have mine somehow tied to the lighting fuse.... downfall to that is, if someone flips your blackout switch off, you lose your memory....

ONTOS66

Get a copy of TM 9-2320-289-20 (available on CD), page 4-31 shows the fuze box and lists the fuses. I just bought a 1984 M1009 and it is doing fine so far - except for a problem with the windshield wiper motor - slow speed is okay, fast does not work and the blades don't "dock" when the switch is turned off. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

And yes, CUCV did not come with speakers in the dash, courtesy lights, insullation, or any of that silly civilian stuff that we take for granted (power windows, power door locks, air conditioning, etc.)

I'm in the process of assembling the correct green radios for installation in my M1009, it just takes time. :D

mcne2026

Thanks everyone. My M1009 does the same thing with the wipers and the water does not work either. I would like to hear what you come up with.

I plan on fixing the problem of no power windows and door locks this weekend. I am going to install both. But, to keep the stock look, I will not install switches. I plan to run the locks and windows off the key fob only. It takes both hands to roll down the drivers window, so that needs to be fixed first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks