• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power=Bad Rings??????

Boelt63A

I have been having issues with power in my 712. I have replaces almost the whole ignition. cap, rotor, plugs, timed the beast, adjusted the valves. even changed out a plug wire that was questionable.

The truck idles like a champ, but as soon as I put a load on it it has little power. It won't accelerate the way it should and has a max speed of about 55MPH. This same truck was doing 65 with pedal to spare with 1900 pounds of steel in it not long ago.

Any ideas as to what is wrong? Rings have been suggested.:?
I do have an exhaust leak where a stud snapped off but I don't think that would cause such a dramatic loss of power.

Thanks

:deadhorse:

Chuck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would think if it had bad rings, you would see oil coming out the exhaust.

Any question about the rings could be answered with a compression test.

Dramatic changes in power are usually not rings. Rings wearing out and allowing blowby is usually much more gradual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks