• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power to lights ? Gamma goat

Al Capone

Isnthere a fuse panel on this thing ? I have power to bilge pump, wiper motors , . Hester blower does not work and nothing works when I play with light switchs . I have lights removed and testing at wires . I get like 7 volts at a headlight wire . Blinker/ running lights don't get anything . Any advice on where to start ? All the lights were stolen out of this when I got it .

wsucougarx

Boy, some thoughts.
1) Check all grounds (these vehicles are notorious for ground issues)
2) Master light switch issue (change out to see if that changes anything)
3) Change out flasher box. Does it have the old big box flasher unit or has it been updated to the smaller solid state flasher? Also check the wire plug connection at the chassis/wheel well. Check to make sure it's not all corroded.
There are no fuse panels per se. It does have circuit breakers under the passenger dash panel. They're not the resettable type.

m38inmaine

Wire #15 feeds power to the light switch pin "F" from a 15A circuit breaker located behind the passenger side panel. The headlights ground on one of the screws that attach the body wiring connector at each front side under the splash shield. Make sure those grounds are clean and check the ground connection to see if it still attached to the body or modified to ground at the bell housing.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I had a wire from the carrier that I had to ground under the passenger dash panel. I don't remember if it was when I converted to a solid flasher or if it was a dangling wire. I didn't have the TM at the time. Just the number on the wire tag. I do remember it had to do with lights.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

m38inmaine

The tail lights ground through the body of the light itself, make sure the light mounting bolts have a tooth washer under the head to make a good ground. Also make sure the ground jumper between the carrier and tractor is clean/tight. For grounds around the dash area it looks like carrier signal light #95, instrument panel #95 and flasher box #95. The wiper motors, horn switch and directional control ground through the items they attach to.

Last edited:

Al Capone

I have 24 VoLTs at pin F to plug for light switch . When I change positions on master light switch and try to ohm out different line from pin F I get nothing. I think I found problem ? Bad switch . These things go bad often ? All the trucks i ever had never had issues with them

Al Capone

Bad main light switch is problem . I studied wiring schematics and then jumped out power to Main headlight wife and headlights work . So now need light switch and a horn.