• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No start- Bad control box?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just what is the purpose of the box?

Can the box be by passed, with a wire going from the start switch to the starter solenoid and a wire to the fuel shut off valve, this is how the the cranes are set up that I have run that have 855s

why not just set it up like a deuce or early 5t and get away from this box, my old m52 gasser just had a big solenoid/relay that energised everything when the main switch was turned on

Last edited:

papercu

So if I have to flip the master switch back and forth a couple times to get power and then loose it when I hit the start button it is most likley the Relay box.
Sounds as if it would be batteries and/or loose connections. Wayne

derby

Put the relay box on today seems to work right. I do not have to flip the master several times to get power. The batterys are down so it would not start ,but I know it is working because before it would stop dead and I would have to flip the master again.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the first couple 809 series I bought the remote starter switch / button. The 250 Cummins was easy by just running in the thumb screw for the electric shutdown for the fuel turn on the master and use the remote starter button. Never had to do the 9:39 series or the Cummins 8 3 but still the same thing as long as you can get that solenoid to retract and go into the run position on the 8.3. Whenever I went to Rally's with a truck I always carried that remote starter with me too in case that PCB box went bad on me I could always get it started. Used the emergency shutdown cable on the 250 if I had to shut it down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks