• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not an MV but my "While deployed V

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
As a lot of you know I got T boned back on 4 March and lost my little Kia pride that I got around in here in Korea. I have not been able to get an M1009 out of DRMO so I settled for the next best thing a 1988 Jeep Cherokee Laradeo.

It cost me $400.00 but I had to get it running and then put more cash in four new 235-75 15 tires since the larger ones are really expensive here in Korea. 4.0 liter and an automatic. It does not get the milage the little Kia did but if someone hits this with a Korean car they will be the ones taking the big hit.

Attachments

MilitaryRestoration

hey may not get as good gas mileage but i always like to look at it this way... less fuel mileage yes but proud be to an American so drive American built, drive U.S.A.... im strongly against import vehicles especially when you see them on the road down, yet our government and local agencies are driving around the competitors vehicles aka imports...just doesn't make any sense to me...Anyway thats my steam blowing for the night ;-)

D-Man

Re: RE: Not an MV but my "While deployed V

MilitaryRestoration said:
hey may not get as good gas mileage but i always like to look at it this way... less fuel mileage yes but proud be to an American so drive American built, drive U.S.A.... im strongly against import vehicles especially when you see them on the road down, yet our government and local agencies are driving around the competitors vehicles aka imports...just doesn't make any sense to me...Anyway thats my steam blowing for the night ;-)
Amen!

I don't care how many MPG's your toyota or whatever gets or that it's cheaper or more 'reliable'...I am proud to serve my country as an American and whenever possible, buy American. My respect to all of you who still emphatically support the U.S.A.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Not an MV but my "While deployed V

My Wifes new car is a Dodge and it gets 34 MPG, this is much less than that but I have yet to take a look at the injectors and despite it's shiney looks it has 129,000 on it. I do like the size since my truck at home is a 4X4 Diesel Suburban. This one is like a baby burb.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I can't believe how clean that thing is to be 20 years old. Good catch.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial

I bought a new 1979 Dodge van when I returned from Germany in July of that year. It was assembled in St. Louis, MO, and was completely made of US parts. Then, I bought another new Dodge van when I came back from England in 1987. The second van was assembled in Canada and the jack was "Hecho in Mexico." My '92 Dodge Dakota was assembled in Mexico, as was my wife's Mitsubishi-powered '98 Chrysler Town & Country mini-van. I don't think there's such a thing as an "American car" any more. :(

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Maybe I should have said Dodge-jah.
Clint:
There is no rust on it anywere I am temped to ship it home for my youngest daughter when I leave Korea.

rdixiemiller

Last I heard, the most made in America vehicle was the Toyota Tundra. I believe everything but the powerpack was US made, and the tranny might have been made in the US too.
Honda has a big transaxle plant here in Ga, and a big assembly plant in Alabama. Honda Lock in Ga. makes all the door locks, handles, etc. Only the motor and associated parts are Japanese anymore.
GM's have more Mexican parts than anything else anymore.

Melvinitis

I was wondring if you were going to bring it home. That is a keeper. I like the Cherry trees in the one shot, looks great. I think DC is hitting right now too.

Flea

Great looking Jeep! It's hard to beat 'em. I've got a diesel Liberty and I love it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Well I drove it down to Chinhae on the south coast of Korea last night and it ran really well only had 20 pounds of oil pressure but it held steady and for an engine with that milage I am not worried. It looked like it got around 20 MPG on the highway so I am pleased with it thus far.

The cherry trees are all over Korea and when they are in bloom it is a thing to see. Far more than DC has not to knock that beauty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks