• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not over in Wisconsin, group plans constitutional amendment on road funding

4trans

Those who mentioned, tracking by mileage. It is possible, PA at least. Even on older cars, every year at inspection, which is done my third party shops, they record the mileage. All that would need to be done is a state database to compile the info.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There would be pliantly of money for roads If everyone STOPPED funding bike ways, walking paths, green belts, NON-user supported public transportation, sound barriers, ect., NON of the beneficiaries of these PC projects pay ANY transportation tax, just the motor vehicle owner who is excepted to keep paying more and more for this PC crap, I am not allow to go further with this rant.

Here in GA. we have the GDOT (GA. DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION), this is run by a group of good old boys, that have laws written just for them, there is NEVER enough money for GDOT, no matter how much they have or are getting, the land deals alone makes you shake your head, then it is a down hill run from there. GDOTs main goal is how much money they can get or control, ROADs are WAY down on the list of importance, if even on the list, every time you turn around, there is a NEW way to try to get money from drivers in this state, NEVER a bike ownership fee, A walking shoe fee, a transit rider surcharge fee paid by the transit rider (there is a transit fee that is paid by part of the gas tax)
OOPS, starting another rant

Hoefler

The bicycle trail that starts at the missippi headwaters in mi nine sorta has now been completed to the gulf of Mexico. It runs parallel to the river. Just how in the world are they funding this? Bike riders? Naw.
There are makers and there are takers. Evidenced by no requirement for black box on bike.

aczlan

Those who mentioned, tracking by mileage. It is possible, PA at least. Even on older cars, every year at inspection, which is done my third party shops, they record the mileage. All that would need to be done is a state database to compile the info.
The problems I have heard with that are twofold:
1. Will this replace or supplement a gas tax?
2. If it replaces the gas tax and I am someone who lives in NY and spends most of my time put of state (a hotshotter, salesman, RVer, etc who drives 3k miles out of 30k in NY for example), NY will get the "use tax" for my 30k miles/year, but the "road damage" will have been caused in other states.
Expect states such as Montana, the Dakotas, etc who have few residents, but LOTS of people passing through on their way to someplace else to fight tooth and nail against such measures. There may also be issues with the New England states where working in the next state is common.

Aaron Z

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks