• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP208 selector lever angle

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am thinking about designing and installing an auxiliary HMMWV gauge panel cluster to be mounted on the transmission hump of my M1028, between the heater outlet and the NP208 gear selector lever. Only problem is, the selector lever is angled so severely forward that there is hardly enough room. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with changing the selector lever configuration to a more straight-up angle, thereby creating sufficient room for the cluster while still providing room for operating the TC. Can the lever be heated and bent? Or is there a source for aftermarket levers already bent?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

86m1028

Check out the shifter for an M1010 (it's more rearward).
What I mean is when it's in 2 high the lever isn't as far forward.
The shifter handle is indexed differently, shifter is in same location as all other Cucv 208's
The problem with that & a bench seat is it will interfere when trying to put it in 4 low.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The handle in the M1010 is bent back to clear a radio tray. Many 1010 owners remove that handle and go back to stock. Might be a cheap option. Maybe a wanted ad. Sorry, no pics, my M1010 isn't here.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am also removing the bench seat and in the process of installing new HMMWV high-back buckets, so the more-rearward M1010 might work. Wonder where I can see a photo of the M1010 lever? Better yet, wonder how I can find one of those folk which have changed their M1010 levers for stock?

I plan to photo-document all this in my rebuild thread.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks