• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP218 Speedo gear help....

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, Rebuilding NP218 and having questions about the Speedo gears.. So, the helical gear I’m pretty confident in, however I’m still unsure about this speedo drive gear.. It’s a 35 tooth... image.jpg
I’ve read a lot and see the Black 32 tooth as the NP218 gear.. Here’s where my confusion starts. I pulled apart my case and found green and orange pieces everywhere (so obviously it’s the little broken pieces of the helical and drive gear). So I’m stumped. Is the 35 tooth a viable replacement for my NP218 or did the mechanics in the USNG put in the wrong Speedo Drive gear and that’s why it went to crappola... Anyone offer up any info I would be greatly appreciative.. And yes I know I could just get a GPS speedo and not run one on transfer case.. But that’s not me.. I want to fix it up as original as possible.. Thanks again

Ocho out

REF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on what gears and tires you have, My truck has 3.0 gears on stock tires and running a 42 tooth gear puts the speedometer dead on.
List the gearing on your differentials and what tires you are running and I am sure someone will chime in.
Good luck

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on what gears and tires you have, My truck has 3.0 gears on stock tires and running a 42 tooth gear puts the speedometer dead on.
List the gearing on your differentials and what tires you are running and I am sure someone will chime in.
Good luck
Thanks.. I’ll take a look at diffs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks