• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nut's 'n bolts

Hi guys,

my buddy Frank and I are in the process of restoring a M35A2C. One of the minor things I want to do is to replace all the rusted or dented bolts and screws (e.g. the bolts/nuts of the motorhood, the screws that hold the placards in the cockpit and the panels on the floor, ....).

Can anyone please give me the correct sizes of the most commonly used bolts / nuts ? We're from the "old continent" und only used to the metric system :smilewinkgrin: !

Thanks in advance,

Mark

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most fasteners are unified screw thread fine. Example 3/8-24. Would be 3/8 inch dia, with 24 threads per inch. 1/4-28 , 5/16-24 , 3/8-24 will be most common.

Low-Tech-Redneck

I've only worked on my Deuce' a few times in ways that required loostening bolts, but, if they're anything like most US-built cars I work on from the same time period (60's and 70's) the most common bolt sizes are going to be on the order of 3/8'' 7/16'' 1/2'' 9/16'' and 5/8'' You may get the oddball one that's very large or very small, but if you just have that core group of 5 in wrenches and sockets you can take most anything apart.

Just remember, english bolts increase or decrease in size by 16ths of an inch, if 5/8 is too big, and 9/16 is too small, then it's metric.

Thanks for the replies, I already wrote for offers!

Glad nobody confused my post with the "truck nuts". Hehe, I wonder what would happen if somebody would drive around with these things over here. Probably would be convicted for arousing public excitement (no joke! That's what they call it.). Makes me wonder who is crazier...

Cheers,
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks