• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NV4500 questions

drewmech

Looking to swap my M1009 over to a NV4500. Having trouble identifying the NV4500 models. Found this one and the guy selling it doesn’t know what it came out of. Was hoping for some help. Added the pictures I have of it. Thanks.

Attachments

87cr250r

It would probably be wise to start with something like this. The factory manual pedals have brackets to reinforce the firewall.

Finnegan1008

It would probably be wise to start with something like this. The factory manual pedals have brackets to reinforce the firewall.

Those assembly’s sure do command a pretty penny.

What changed after 84? I would imagine a hydraulic throw out bearing would be the best setup and most pedals could be made to work with that.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know but if you have a CUCV it is a 1984 model truck.
With the cookfest figure 8 pattern T-case, so you're also gonna need a T-case with the NP 6 bolt round pattern, correct input and pass drop for your cucv .

That trans is the early model they used behind the non wastegated 12 valves .

I'm not typically an auto guy, but I'd take a TH400 over that every day of the week .

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those assembly’s sure do command a pretty penny.

What changed after 84? I would imagine a hydraulic throw out bearing would be the best setup and most pedals could be made to work with that.
1985 and up square body trucks had a hydraulic pedal assembly. I have one in my CUCV blazer with a nv4500

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the cookfest figure 8 pattern T-case, so you're also gonna need a T-case with the NP 6 bolt round pattern, correct input and pass drop for your cucv .
That trans is the early model they used behind the non wastegated 12 valves .
I'm not typically an auto guy, but I'd take a TH400 over that every day of the week .
The NP208 off a TH400 will bolt directly to a GM NV4500... 32 spline and same round pattern.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks