• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odd ball M35a2

cummins7

Afternoon gentlemen,
I’ve owned my 1971 (Titled) M35A2 for the better part of 12 years now and have loved every second of it. Wanted to thank all of you for the help and knowledge over the years to keep this old girl up and running. I’ve met some of you in person to buy/swap parts and help me along the way. With that said, I am now 30 years old and have had my first child in April. It’s time to sell the ole war beast and hopefully pass it to someone that will keep it going for years to come.

With that said I would really like to know more about this truck before I do get rid of it. From initials engraved into the doorjamb to messages written under engine parts. I know it’s an older truck as when I did my power steering conversion I found out it has a removable front cross member which from what I remember was found on old gas trucks. It has a mwo tag which is fairly common from 1990 (seatbelts I suppose). Also there’s a very very faint indication on the passenger door that I believe is a circle with 2 lines in the middle. Transmission and transfer case that look new with plates from 1988. Today when I was power washing it getting it ready to sell I looked closer at the engine plate and it reads LDS 465-2 which I thought were in the 5 ton trucks. Anyways this truck just kept standing out every time I worked on it and didn’t know if there was away to look up certain number to maybe find some more history on it.
If not allowed or wrong section I apologize and please delete or move if needed.
Thanks everyone

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The LDS-465-2 is a higher rpm version that is rated for up to 2850 rpm under full load and 3100 rpm no load.

LDS-465-2: 195 HP @ 2800 RPM 425 LbFt @ 2000 RPM

Others may chime in but I think it exists in small numbers only and was found in 8x8 vehicles.

I am sure that engine can make a Deuce scoot! Relatively speaking.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

HDN

The Cat 3116 in my truck has a little less power (170 hp) and about the same torque, and it really does make the truck go. The automatic transmission helps with that too I'm sure!

I'm sorry to hear that you plan to get rid of your truck! I get that it's not quite an ideal family vehicle, though it could fit you, the spouse, and the child's car seat in the cab. Easier with an A3 with the automatic, probably, since I don't know how much the car seat would get in the way of an A2 shift lever.

With two kids now, the truck is pretty much a date night vehicle for me and my wife. I drive it to the car and truck shows while she drives the kids there in the minivan. But when, in the distant future, she gets a HMMWV or MTV (or, if I get my way, a wrecker!), we'll be able to drive to these things together in style with the kids split between the cabs :cool:

Congratulations with the newborn and good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks