• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off Road Lighting

RedBlok

I was thinking you could take the led light out of the lollipop mount they are 7 inch and will fit fine in the headlight bezels. You could piggyback the low beams off the positive that feeds the high-beam foot switch. All that switch does is toggle between low and high beams. Then with headlights on your main headlights would always be on and you could use the foot switch to switch on and off other grill or forward mounted lights.
That is interesting too. Not sure I want to lose my high beams. I bought a set of the Truck-lite LED Headlights from another SS member for a good price. I am leaning towards a fused positive coming off the battery and then running the LEDs. I am planning on putting in a keyed battery disconnector and would wire it up there.. Thanks for the website.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Most of the trucklite aux led lights are single power not high-low so you would have a brighter low beam and your second set of lights would act as your high beams when you hit the foot switch. Even with the standard trucklite high-low led headlights it's barely enough light. I have mine aimed down a little and just leave them in high.

TacticalDoc

Front LED.jpgCab electronics.jpg
I put 3 led lights on each side, on big light bar in front and 3 facing back (2 in the bed and one by the bumper)...got a little carried away. I remember the MRAPs in Afghanistan had even more lights. and Go lights which I may add next.

TehTDK

If I ever got myself one of these kinds of trucks, I would make sure to install running lights as well :p. Sadly I can't install blue flashers, or well I technically can, but I am not allowed to use it. But I plan on doing Orange ones so that people can see the truck if I am parked up at the side of the road etc offering assitance to someone who might have run into the ditch or something.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I like lots of lights. I bought a piece of 3 inch hollow square steel stock I am thinking of bolting it across the front grill then mounting lights on it. I already checked to make sure it would clear with the hood latched open and yes still plenty of room.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks