• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Bath Air Cleaner Gasket?

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it's not an M37. But my Jeepster (1967) has an oil bath, and it had a cork gasket on it according to the parts catalog. Since I couldn't buy one anywhere at the time, I just got a sheet of cork gasket material and two circle cutting dies and made it that way.

I'm guessing this one (based on age) that the gasket is cork and you might as well make it yourself.

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ORD 9 indicates two gaskets required.

One is part of the element assembly with cover and crimped gasket.

The other (and that which I believe you are referring) is the elbow to air cleaner gasket (a circle shape) located within the element and seals the element to the oil bath cleaner on top of the intake within the cleaner. See ORD 9 Figure 03-10 part number A282807. This gasket is cork on my truck. The ORD 9 does not specify the material used.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks