• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil filter

W427

I have used FRAM for 32 years until a friend of mine showed me this video
Yes, I know all the noise out there about them, and also the updated info that shows which Fram versions are crap and which of theirs are actually OK. My point was to find any options for ITV users as the selection is so small out there. This one is to Euro commercial spec's, and I'll verify it's OK or not when I get my hands on an actual sample. Just one of the reasons I did not give the Fram part number. ;)

My ultimate goal is to analyze the ITV remote filter setup, and then find a reliable update to use a good and commonly available diesel filter in the USA and world-wide. There are many modern marine, commercial and military remote filter sysytems out there, and one should fit our toys well. I'll find it.

W427

Although you can find correct filters online on sites such as eBay for under $20 shipped with careful shopping, there are common USA alternatives, with compromises. For example, I found a direct spin-on replacements common in the US, but they do not have an internal bypass. No big deal for racers or those that maintain perfectly, but a concern for others. Until I find a way to add an external bypass, that's not a good overall option to suggest.

An alternative is to change the filter adapter. The Itvees use an adapter already, from the original location to a remote location with pressure hoses. Finding or making an adapter that uses or adapts to the same hoses and mounting, and accepts a common US filter(s) with internal bypass would be a solution.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks