• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil in intake M923a2

SteveJennings

Truck is a M923a2, just turned 10k miles on a Camp Shelby rebuild, Only got about 2000 miles out of a new air compressor I put on couple years ago. When I started to open it up the unloader valve was all gunked up. Only thing I can think of is it’s pulling oil along with air from the intake. Any idea what could cause this?

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s possible that your air dryer is plugged, causing excessive back pressure (seen it a few times). Air dryers are commonly overlooked on these trucks, when is the last time it was serviced?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Not sure. Inside of hose from intake to compressor is coated in gummy oil substance. And unloader valve also coated in gummy oil substance. Compressor had very low hours/miles and already failed due to unloader valve sticking.
Cause it's not cutting off under boost and it is being pulled from the compressor thru the hose

Block that intake port in the tube. Then run the Inlet hose up somewhere and put a filter on it.

I had to do this on mine cause or the high boost I am pulling. Or you may have an air inlet restriction from your stock filter

SteveJennings

Cause it's not cutting off under boost and it is being pulled from the compressor thru the hose

Block that intake port in the tube. Then run the Inlet hose up somewhere and put a filter on it.

I had to do this on mine cause or the high boost I am pulling. Or you may have an air inlet restriction from your stock filter
Thanks I’ll try that. You remember what filter you used? Something like this?Filter

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks