• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Leak Around Oil Filter

Hummer Guy

I've been having a small oil leak around the oil filters for the pass several months or so, it only leaks when the truck warm up. I thought it was the gasket under the oil filter housing, so I changed them and torqued it down, it wasn't, it still has the same leak after about 20-30 minutes of the truck warming up. I heard of people saying the FDC leaks but the leak I have is oil, not fuel at all.

Have you guys had a oil leak around this area? If so, where was it, the common place I hear is the gasket under the spin on filter which I checked and the FDC.

(I have the spin on oil filter)

Hummer Guy

One of my guesses is that a clog breather can be causing the leak but the only breather that I know is the crankcase hose on the passenger side which seems to be releasing off the crankcase pressure properly

ToddJK

About to do the same thing honestly, I wonder would gasket maker do any difference
You can try the black adhesive permatex to see if that solves the problem, but I would only apply a small bead all the way around the very outer edge of the filter base so none of it makes it under the adapter. If a piece came loose, that could clog something and make a small issue into a big issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks