• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak by compressor M932A2

Rolandj

Good evening i am new to group an new to wanting a 5 ton. I am currently talking to a guy who has one and says oil is dripping from near the air compressor pump not sure my thought is it the timing cover by the fuel pump and is it a big fix or major issue like could i drive it aside from dripping oil or is it going to be a money pit ? lol Also he says one door doesn't catch isn't working as well as CTIS isn't and i know that can be a nightmare . Thanks

Crf450x

The leak could be a loose air compressor bolt or a hole in the block. No way to tell without looking at it…

I can answer one question for sure…yes it will be a money pit. That’s just normal though.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you go look at it? If so, look to see that the rear support is on the bottom of the compressor and all 3 sets of bolts are in it, 2 into the compressor through the flat plate, 2 through the flat plate into the spacer mounted to the block, and the two that secure the spacer to the block. If they are not there, the gear housing could be cracked. Again, if you can look at it, look for the clean spot, that will be the leak point....unless someone washed it.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I can also add CTIS isn’t a nightmare, it’s pretty simple if you have a meter and follow testing procedures. Many people just claim it’s junk and delete it, but it’s one of the biggest benefits of an a2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolandj

Can you go look at it? If so, look to see that the rear support is on the bottom of the compressor and all 3 sets of bolts are in it, 2 into the compressor through the flat plate, 2 through the flat plate into the spacer mounted to the block, and the two that secure the spacer to the block. If they are not there, the gear housing could be cracked. Again, if you can look at it, look for the clean spot, that will be the leak point....unless someone washed it.
thank you im going to ask him to look at it for me . Thank you

Rolandj

I can also add CTIS isn’t a nightmare, it’s pretty simple if you have a meter and follow testing procedures. Many people just claim it’s junk and delete it, but it’s one of the biggest benefits of an a2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree i want it working cheap way out is ripping it out . or ignoring it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks