• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil plumbing for Turbo on a cummin 250?

madsam

Hi,

I know some people have put a turbo on one of these cumins 250 that are in the 5ton trucks. Where is the best place to get the high pressure side of the oil to plum into the turbo barring? Is there some pics online for this conversion?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the turbo and exh. on the engine? Snap a pic of it so I can see how long of one you'll need.

joec

Well it's been awhile. You tap off of a 1/8 or a 1/4 plug on the passenger side. And you need the tube and rest from a 290 cummins. I went and took everything from a truck that had a 290 in it. Turbo, Manifold, Intake , drains all of it. All of the plumbing.290 is the same as the 250 with little changes.

Like i said it was awhile ago.

madsam

K, thanks. I will snap some pics this weekend.
I did search this site, but came up with only 1009 conversions. I have a turbo, off a different cummins. It looks like it would bolt up to the exhaust manifold right where my busted muffler is now. So I would have to build an exhaust after that, but right now there is no real exhaust. The intake I was going to get it off a 390 or 400. The main thing was that I did not want to take the oil off a place that would not either give me enough pressure for the turbo or rob pressure from a vital part of the engine.

I thought of getting an inter cooler, but I really don't want to push the engine to hard as it does not have oil cooled pistons for turbos. I just wanted to get some of the power back it had at sea level. I live at 10kfeet. I plan to put some type of pressure relief valve/bypass on the system to make sure I don't over push it.

jwaller

I have the turbo and exhaust from a 400 that I will be using. they seem to fit very good with little mods. I will not be using the 400 intake as it points up at the hood. there is not much of a reason to use it either the 250 should work just fine.

madsam

I wondered if there was room, but I had not had time to look at that part much. Ho were you going to route the pipe from the turbo to the intake. Again, there is not enough room on top of the engine? I had thought I might need to make a flat wide sheet mettle manifold to reach over, but ???