• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil types M939A1

ericp351

15w40 or 15w50 convential diesel oil crankcase. any 80w or 90w gear oil axles. Trans- engine oil or tractor axle oil if now clear. Dex trans oil if you have pink now. In grneral I give motor a splash of Lucas unless sub zero temps.

Steelreaper80

I run marathon Elite 15W40 conventional oil in the truck. I get it from my fuel supplier. Great stuff and it is only about $50 for 5 gallons. I change the oil every 10,000 miles as per the Cummins manual.

I spoke extensively with my fuel supplier and they have spoken to the actual chemist of Shell. The Marathon is basically a clone of the Rotella. There is absolutely no wear benefit from running conventional oil vs synthetic. The rear benefit is extended oil drain intervals. I change oil once a year. I only put about 7-10K on the truck a year so I just change it. Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks