• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, M105A2 has a 24v wiring system?????

ssgtwright-usmc

OK, I just won my first trailer today which I am excited as _____! I just read another post here in which someone said that the M105A2 is a 24v system.
I have a M1008 which was converted to 12v since I was unable to find a 24v starter at the time.
I was under the impression that the only true thing on the M1008 was the starter.
With that, then why would the M1008 trailer wiring hook up be 24V.
If the M105A2 is 24v then how do I convert that to be a 12V system.
Any help on this would be of great help.

gumboo

You'll have to do like me.
Now that you have a m105, you'll have to look for a deuce or a dump to pull it.

This is where the money dump comes in.

ssgtwright-usmc

If Barbers Point, Hawaii location GL have any M35A2 or M109 for auction anytime in the near future, you can bet your bottom dollar I will be bidding on one or the other now.
Kinda like the M109 a bit more because I could make that my home on wheels.
The M35A2, I have a feeling I would have friends that I did not know I had before, (Hey Tim, were moving so do ya think you can lend us a hand)!

papercu

Your M1008 trailer plug is straight 12v, just change the bulbs in the M105 and you are good. BTW if you plan on using this trailer you might think about just adding a set of civilian trailer lights. Wayne

kurtkds

That was me that did the conversion. The reason I did it was because when I bought the trailer it had no lights on it at all. Apparently it had been used as a parts trailer and had been stripped so I put some off the shelf lights on it so I could pull it behind my non military Blazer. When I got my Deuce, I put it all back to Military stock.